Monday, April 1, 2013

Thinking back over the past 10 years

I have thought a lot today about what I should say in this first post in over a year.  Today is the 10 year anniversary of my first full day of my current position as Executive Director of Ada Regional United Way.  If you are reading this and you also recieve our ARUW e-newsletter you know possibly a little of what I am going to say.
My plans are to share the top 10 things I have learned in the past 10 years.
Today, I simply want to focus on that first day.
I interviewed with a large representation of the ARUW Board of Directors.  I knew a little about UW as I was currently employed with Camp Fire USA (for 9 years).  It was a little heart wrentching considering leaving a job I loved, but it seem "right". The board members plainly stated that this was uncharted territory since I (if hired) would be the first full time staff.  They mentioned that an early childhood initiative would be a part of my job.  No one really knew what that would entail;  but it was important. 
On that fateful first day, I suddenly realized that I no idea where to begin.
More to come.
Check back in for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment